AZ-D.ORG

The Arizona DeLorean Club Forum
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:47 pm

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:15 am 

The "Wheels of Britain" car show is Sunday March 11, 2012.

It will be held at Heritage Square, 6th and Monroe streets, Phoenix, AZ 85004

The show starts at 10am. Awards at 2pm.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:30 pm 

Who from the club is attending?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 2:44 am 
Non-Member

I attended the Wheels of Britain car show today, beautiful day for a show. But, I was the only Delorean there... What happened to everyone? There was no DeLorean class this year. I was in the master class, so I didn't count. I had a lot of people asking me were all the DeLoreans are this year and I had no answer to give. This used to be one of the main shows for the DeLoreans every year... I know, I haven't been part of the club scene for a while, (family stuff, kids, work, etc) but, I do very much look forward to seeing other club members with their DeLoreans in attendance and was bummed, that it didn't happen this year.

Just as heads up, The Wheels of Britain committee, did announce that next year will be the last year for the Wheels of Britain show. I'm hoping to get back into the club scene after we have our 2nd little one later this year, and maybe next year we can all make a huge attendance at the last Wheels of Britain show and go out with a bang.

-Jason McKee

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:09 pm 
President

Hey Jason,

You are right, for years the WOB show was a major event for AZ-D. I am really not sure why our members lost interest in this one particular car show. I know we have been very busy with events all year, but especially in March. A bunch of us attend the Historic Downtown Casa Grande Car Show every year, so we definitely are still interested in showing off our cars! :D

I had no idea that next year would be the last year for this show! :shock: Maybe they are losing interest from other clubs as well! Knowing that 2013 will be the last year, I am going to try to attend!

Don't forget to join us at some of the lunches, Jason. We haven't seen you in quite a while!

-Daniel

'84 Indy 500 Fiero - #1903 of 2000 (Now with V8 power!)
'94 Corvette LT1
'68 International 1/2 Ton Pickup

PostPosted: Mon Mar 04, 2013 2:38 am 
Non-Member

So, is anyone going to the last Wheels of Britain car show this Sunday? I just reveived my postcard and no DeLorean class again this year, unless they are putting the DeLorean's in the C class, I don't know. Just wanted to see if anyone else is going.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:46 am 
Non-Member

I attended the last Wheels of Britain car show today, it really was a great day for a show, they changed it up a little for this year and it was a great turn out. I was the only DeLorean again this year, I had many people asking me were all the DeLorean's are from past events. I didn't have an answer to give as I really thought this being the last show, a good number of DeLorean's would of shown up. It was really nice this year as everyone got an award plaque one way or another just for even participating. They were talking about other people that may take over the car show, but its to be announced at a later time and the name would also change, if it happens.

-Jason